CHEVROLET CAPTIVA SPORT IS A SPORTY, EFFICIENT CROSSOVER FOR FLEETS
Chevrolet Captiva Sport is a sporty crossover, offering a contemporary blend of styling, amenities and spaciousness. It is a variant of the globally successful Chevrolet Captiva compact crossover, which is sold in more than 50 markets across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East and South America .
The Captiva Sport is powered by an efficient Ecotec 2.4L direct-injected four-cylinder matched with a fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmission, enabling an EPA-estimated highway rating of 28 mpg. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models – including 1LS and 2LS trims. All models feature SiriusXM Satellite Radio, four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock, traction control, StabiliTrak electronic stability control, air conditioning, power locks and windows (with driver’s express down) and remote keyless entry. Seventeen-inch wheels are standard on LS and LT models, while new chrome-clad 18-inch wheels are standard on LTZ.
Uplevel LT and LTZ models include OnStar and Bluetooth phone connectivity. A rearview camera and leather trim package – including leather-trimmed and heated front seats – are standard on LTZ and available on other models. The LTZ trim also includes a 10-speaker sound system and a sunroof.
From a safety perspective, Captiva Sport delivers with features including dual-stage front-seat air bags, front-seat side thorax air bags and rollover-capable head curtain air bags covering front and rear rows, as well as a pedal release system, safety belt pretensioners and more.
New features for 2013 include:
- Rear park assist
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Heated, power-adjustable outside body-color mirrors with auto-dimming driver’s mirror
- Painted-aluminum 17-inch wheels
- Chrome-clad 18-inch wheels
- Exterior colors: Champagne Silver Metallic and Silver Topaz Metallic.
Captiva Sport’s standard and available exterior features include:
- Chrome door handles on LT and LTZ
- Fog lamps on 2LS, LT and LTZ
- Automatic exterior headlamp control is standard on all models
- Heated, power-adjustable outside body-color mirrors with auto-dimming driver’s mirror is standard on 2LS, LT and LTZ
- Rear park assist is standard on LTZ and available on LS and LT
- Rainsense automatic wipers are standard LTZ and available on LT
- Front and rear skid plates are standard on all models
Seventeen-inch painted aluminum wheels are standard on LS
- Seventeen-inch polished forged aluminum wheels are standard on LT
- Eighteen-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels are standard LTZ.
Exterior colors include Silver Ice Metallic, Black Granite Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Arctic Ice, Cyber Gray Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic, Silver Topaz Metallic and Champagne Silver Metallic.
Captiva Sport’s interior is comfortable, convenient and connected. There is room for five, with front bucket seats and a three-passenger rear seat that also features a 60/40-split design to allows storage of longer items. The roomy cargo area offers 29.2 cubic feet (827 liters) of storage space behind the rear seat and up to 56.4 cubic feet (1,598 liters) with the rear seat folded.
Additional features include:
- Air conditioning is standard on all models
- AM/FM radio with CD player and MP3 playback capability is standard on all models
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard with a three-month trial period
- Six-speaker sound system is standard on LS and LT
- Ten-speaker sound system is standard on LTZ
- Cargo net is standard on all models
- Cargo organizer is standard on LT and LTZ
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror is standard on 2LS, LT and LTZ
- Three 12-volt auxiliary power outlets are standard on all models
- Remote vehicle starter is standard on LTZ and available in 2LS and LT
- Heated, leather-appointed front seats are standard on LTZ and available in 2LS and LT
- Tilting and telescopic steering column is standard on all models
- Leather-wrapped steering wheels with audio controls is standard on 2LS, LT and LTZ
- Power-operated sunroof is standard on LTZ and available on LT.
Interior color/trim choices include Black (LS and LT) and Black/Light Titanium (LT and LTZ).
The Captiva Sport’s Ecotec 2.4L engine is rated at 182 horsepower (134 kW) and is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission. The engine is efficient and lightweight, featuring dual-overhead cams, direct injection, continuously variable intake and exhaust timing and electronic throttle control, as well as a lightweight aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head.
The transmission features a driver-selectable Eco mode that helps save fuel. When the driver engages Eco mode by pushing a button near the shifter – indicated by an “eco” indicator light that illuminates on the instrument panel and an ECO MODE ON message on the driver information center – the transmission will shifter sooner and downshift later, the torque converter clutch will apply sooner and stay on later, the engine controller will more aggressively shut off fuel during deceleration and the overall driving performance will be more conservative.
At the core of the Captiva Sport is a European-inspired driving character, with a stiff, steel body-frame integral structure complemented by a MacPherson strut independent front suspension and independent multi-link rear suspension. An isolated engine cradle enhances quietness and contributes to a smooth ride.
Standard on all models are four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock, traction control and StabiliTrak electronic stability control – systems that work together to provide outstanding vehicle control. Seventeen-inch wheels are standard on LS and LT models, while 18-inch wheels are standard on LTZ.
A trailering package is available on all models and include a hitch and wiring harness.
Safety and crash-avoidance features
In addition to handling features such as StabiliTrak that help drivers avoid crashes, the Captiva Sport helps protect occupants with its high-strength steel structure and a long list of standard occupant-protection safety features. Dual-stage front-seat air bags, front-seat side thorax air bags and rollover capable head curtain air bags covering front and rear rows are standard on all models.
Other standard safety features include front-row safety belt pretensioners, a pedal release system that decouples the brake pedal in a crash to avoid injuries, active head restraints, tire pressure monitoring system, automatic power door locks and side turn signal lamps.
A rearview camera system, which helps drivers detect objects directly behind the vehicle, and ultrasonic rear parking assist are standard on LTZ and available on LS and LT models.
Captiva Sport and OnStar
Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on Captiva Sport. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar’s RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
More information about OnStar can be found at www.onstar.com.