GM’s Marion Metal Center provides blanks, stampings and sheet metal assembly for cars, vans, trucks and SUVs to GM assembly plants throughout North America. It employs more than 1400 individuals on three full shifts. Originally founded in 1956 as Fisher Body, the plant is now part of GM’s Manufacturing Stamping organization. Marion Metal Center’s Joint Partnership Process with Local 977 UAW works effectively for the benefit of our employees, customers and community. The facility is located off Interstate 69 at exit 64 and is approximately 42 miles south of Fort Wayne and 64 miles north of Indianapolis.
Stamping Center Building and Powerhouse
2010-11 Added 4 presses to the facility